Make your next getaway historic!
If you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind getaway then come visit us. We are the home of wonderful attractions you can only find here.
- The world famous Hatfield McCoy Feud – the most famous feud in American history.
- The West Virginia Mine Wars – the largest armed conflict in America since the Civil War.
- The Hatfield McCoy ATV Trails – the largest network on motorized trails east of the Mississippi.
- Historic Matewan – a town at the crossroads of history.
- Railroad Central – one of the best places in the world to watch trains.
- The Trillion Dollar Coalfield – source of the black gold that our country was built upon.
- Great recreation – including unique golf, fishing and hiking.
- Amazing mountain scenery, fall foliage and so much more.
This distinctive region offers unparalleled history, beautiful scenery and recreational activities for the whole family. We have something for everyone – whether you want to relax in the country, learn about our fascinating history, go to festivals and musical events, do a little train watching, play golf, fish, shop or take a ride on the Hatfield McCoy Trails.
There’s lots more information on this site about things to do when you get here so please look around.
Then come and see us. We’ll treat you like family and give you memories that will last a lifetime.